Despite the economy, firms have managed to survive and grow. The following are some plastics-related firms on New York-based Inc. magazine's list of the 5,000 fastest-growing firms from 2007- 10. No doubt we missed some.
* No. 3,719, Pogue Label & Screen Inc. of St. Louis, a plastic bottle printer and labeler with 2010 sales of $2.2 million and three-year sales growth of 41 percent.
* No. 3,907, injection molder Steinwall Inc., with 2010 sales of $18.3 million and three-year growth of 35 percent.
* No. 3,872, Integra Enclosures, a Mentor, Ohio, maker of polycarbonate and nonmetal enclosures for protecting electrical devices, with 2010 sales of $4.5 million and three-year growth of 36 percent.
* No. 4,723, Paso Robles, Calif.-based IQMS — a developer of enterprise resource planning software — with three-year growth of 11 percent and 2010 sales of $16.6 million.
* No. 4,736, Plascon Group in Traverse City, Mich., which makes plastic packaging for food-service, pharmaceutical and other markets, with 2010 sales of $15 million and three-year growth of 11 percent.