WASHINGTON (Oct. 31, 2 p.m. ET) — The Society of the Plastics Industry Inc. elected a new board of directors at its recent national board meeting in Washington.
The newly elected officers are:
• Chairman Jay Cude, president and CEO of Coeur Inc. in Lebanon, Tenn.
• Vice Chairman Fred Daniell, president of Kureha America in New York.
• Treasurer Bob Hamilton, group president of Illinois Tool Works Inc. in Elk Grove, Ill.
• Secretary Jim Murphy, president of extrusion systems at Davis-Standard LLC in Pawcatuck, Conn.
• Officer at Large Tim O'Brien, vice president and general manager for America and Europe of Sabic Innovative Plastics in Pittsfield, Mass.
• Officer at Large Tad McGwire, president of Industrial Heater Corp. in Cheshire, Conn.
• Immediate Past Chairman Chris Keller, president of Conair Group in Cranberry Township, Pa.
Washington-based SPI's board also includes eight directors from the each of the group's industry councils: equipment, material suppliers and processors.