Wittmann Battenfeld GmbH showed several new pieces of auxiliary equipment at the Fakuma 2011 trade show, held Oct. 18-22 in Friedrichshafen, Germany:
• The W818 beam robot has a maximum handling load of 13.2 pounds and a maximum vertical stroke of 48 inches. An optional servo-driven rotational axis allows for functions which were previously considered the domain of jointed-arm robots, the company said.
• The Gravimax 14V blender, featuring highly accurate, wear-resistant stainless steel valves, so that virgin materials and granulates prone to bridging can be metered continuously through the same valve.
• The R8.2 robot control system that features real-time functions such as SoftTorque, EcoMode, TruePath and PartTrack.
• Feedmax B loaders for central conveying, equipped with pneumatically actuated vacuum valves, and a slanted material cylinder.
• The Tempro plus D series of temperature controllers, available in single- and dual-circuit versions. The 5.7-inch color touchscreen shows the operating conditions of the appliance.
Wittmann Battenfeld is based in Kottingbrunn, Austria. The U.S. operation, Wittmann Inc., is in Torrington, Conn.
Tel. 860-496-9603, fax 860-482-2069.