As we count down the days to NPE2012, I spotted an item last week with good tips for exhibitors at any trade show.
The source is Mike Thimmesch, director of industry relations for Skyline Exhibits, who wrote “18 Hidden Rules of Trade Shows” for Trade Show News Network.
Some of my favorites:
* The larger the crowd of people already in your booth, the more other people will want to visit your booth.
* The person who complains the most about the value of trade shows is usually the one who knows (and tries) the least.
* The more fun trade show attendees have in your booth during the show, the more serious business you will do after the show.
* The more years you exhibit at the same show, the more you will have repeat customers visit you in your booth.
* The faster you follow up your trade show leads, the greater the sales you will generate from that show.
Seems like common sense, right? But why do so many exhibitors ignore these tips?
Loepp is editor of Plastics News and author of “The Plastics Blog.”