Today Plastics News published its annual ranking of North American Mold Makers. Here are some interesting facts about the mold making sector: This year we're ranking 91 firms with mold making sales of $1,517.80 million. We've added 27 firms, making this the largest expansion of the ranking since its inception in 2001. Comparing the 63 firms ranked both last year and this year, we see a 9.5 percent increase in the average sales per company. Trend is up Comparing average sales per company of the 39 firms ranked 5 years ago and today, there is a 1.45% increase over fiscal year end 2007. This marks a second year of small growth after the recession. Processors have seen larger increases over 2007 with Thermoformers leading at 37.1%, Rotational molding up 12.8% and Injection molders up 9.6%. [Note that these figures are based on our processor ranking results where firms were ranked both in 2008 and 2012, following the most recently ended fiscal year.] Here's a list of some of the faster growning companies in this year's ranking:
- StackTeck Systems Inc. with sales of $42.88 million ranked at 11 moved up 12 spots from last year.
- Integrity Tool & Mold Inc. with sales of $70.9 million ranked at 3 moved up 6 spots from last year.
- Mueller Machine & Tool Co. LLC with sales of $15.98 million ranked at 29 moved up 4 spots from last year.
- Commercial Tool & Die Inc. with sales of $39.3 million ranked at 13 moved up 3 spots from last year.
- Prospect Mold and Die Co. with sales of $33 million ranked at 17 moved up 3 spots from last year.
- MSI Mold Builders with sales of $16 million ranked at 27 moved up 1 spot from last year.