New, more sustainable plastics have been shortlisted for a contest being coordinated in German by Nova-Institut of Cologne. The winners will be announced at the Biowerkstoff Kongress April 10-12 to be held in Cologne. The six finalists are:
- Bio-based plastic housewares tradenamed ajaa by 4e Solutions GmbH of Filderstadt, Germany. Tel. 711-907-400-71, fax 711-07-400-72, email [email protected]
- Feather-reinforced bioplastic composites made by Eastern BioPlastics LLC of Mount Crawford, Va. Tel 540-437-1984, fax 540-437-1986.
- Modified bio-based plastic iPhone cover using Ingeo resin made by NatureWorks LLC. The cover is promoted by Dandelion Research Ltd. of Hong Kong. Tel. 85-2291-07-923, fax 85-2291-07-924.
- Screw plug made for wall mounting of artwork. Plug includes bio-based nylon and was developed by Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG of Waldachtal, Germany. Tel. 49-7443-120, fax 49-7443-12-4220, email [email protected]
- Carbon capture in plastic using greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide and methane reacting with air in the presence of a catalyst. System promoted by Newlight Technologies LLC of Irvine, Calif. www.newlight.com.
- Flooring made from bio-based polyurethane developed by Windmöller Flooring Products GmbH in Augustdorf, Germany. Tel. 49-52-37-609-0, fax 49-52-37-609-309, email [email protected]
Nova-Institut is a private, independent institute providing evaluation, market research, project management and policy advice for a sustainable, bio-based economy.
Tel. 49-2233-48-1440, fax 49-2233-48-1450, email [email protected]