Maer SA, the Spanish manufacturer of spin trimming machinery for blow molded plastic bottles, has completely redesigned its flagship product range, the TC-10-8-8, renaming it the SB5 Series.
The SB5 is useful for the production of bottles made by extrusion blow molding for food, such as mail and other dairy products. The trimmer can be used in the blowing phase or integrated into the packaging line itself before the bottling machine.
The speed range for the series runs from the SB510 with 12,000 bottles per hour, to the SB525 at 20,000 bottles per hour. Maer, based in Girona, Spain, launched the SB% spin trimmers earlier this year, with the sale of SB520 units (at 20,000 bottles per hour) to a plastic blow molder in Indonesia. Maer did not identify the customer.
The major change was to minimize the main chassis structure, with a cubic, or “cabin-shaped” shape. Maer officials said that gives the unit improved aesthetics, and these other advantages:
- A significant reduction of the machine footprint compared to the previous TC-10-8-8.
- Greater access from either side of the machine to the interior of the molding area. A more-open design also allows more visual inspection of the bottles throughout their route.
- Improved ergonomics when making adjustments or replacing the cutting blade.
- Improvements of the bottle conveyor with a “flat-end” design, which reduces the risk of bottles falling through a gap or space in the bottle transfer zone when moving to conveyors for other devices in the production line.
- Lighter parts for format changes.
Maer's sales agent in the United States is Evercan Technology Corp. in Millwood, NY
Tel. 914-941-3600, email [email protected].