Today we publish our annual ranking of North American mold makers. Here's a peek behind the numbers:
116 firms are ranked, we continue to grow this list and would like to include more. If your firm is missing, please download a survey form or contact Hollee Keller at [email protected]
The average sales per company is $16.3 million that's up from $15.8 million last year.
About 41 percent of the respondents reported sales growth. The average growth was 12 percent.
About 10 percent reported lower sales and 49 percent reported flat sales.
Welcome to the ranking – These firms are listed for the first time:
• Custom Mold & Design Inc. of Forest Lake, Minn.
• Dynasty Mold Builders Inc. of Wauconda, Ill.
• Franchino Mold & Engineering Co. of Lansing, Mich.
• JK Machining Inc. of Kalamazoo, Mich.
Here are the top movers – These firms have moved up the most positions in the ranking:
• Janler Corp. of Chicago moved up 46 spaces to rank at No. 60.
• 2K Tool LLC of Wyoming, Mich., moved up nine spaces to rank at No. 94.
• Tech Mold of Tempe, Ariz., moved up seven spaces to rank at No. 26.
• X-Cell Tool & Mold Inc. of Erie, Pa., moved up seven spaces to rank at No. 71.
• Graphic Tool Corp. of Itasca, Ill., moved up six spaces to rank at No. 46.
The full listing is online and is open to non-subscribers courtesy of Makino. The raw data is available for sale in our data store.
And thanks to Plastics News editorial research coordinator Hollee Keller for this look behind the rankings data.