Today Plastics News published its annual ranking of North American blow molders. Let's look at some of the details behind the data.
128 firms gave $17,764.96 million in North American blow molding sales, down from $17.9 last year. The average sales per company is $138.8 million, which is up 4 percent from last year's $133.22 million per company which itself was up 3 percent from the previous year.
2013 averages sales per company of those firms only engaged in industrial blow molding is $76.4 million up 7 percent, while those firms only engaged in bottle blow molding is $301.8 million up 1 percent.
Those firms molding HDPE copolymer (HIC) exclusively reported 4.7 percent higher combined sales, the average resin price went up 7.4 percent
The firms molding PET exclusively show flat combined sales, the average resin price went up 5 percent.
The following are new companies this year:
• Tigerpoly Manufacturing Inc. of Grove City, Ohio.
• 405 Plastics & Distribution Inc. of Oklahoma City, Okla.
• Plastique Micron Inc. of St. Claire, Quebec.
Here is a list of the top growing companies in our ranking this year:
• Comar LLC of Buena, N.J. moves up 78 spaces to rank at No. 78.
• Toledo Molding & Die Inc. of Toledo, Ohio moves up 15 spaces to rank at No. 15.
• Sailor Plastics Inc. of Adrian, Minn. moves up 13 spaces to rank at No. 13.
• R&D Molders Inc. of Georgetown, Tx. moves up 11 spaces to rank at No. 80.
• Currier Plastics Inc. of Auburn, N.Y. moves up 11 spaces to rank at No. 60.
• N.E.W. Plastics Corp. of Luxemburg, Wis. moves up 11 spaces to rank at No. 51.
• Penguin LLC of Sturgis, Mich. moves up 10 spaces to rank at No. 41.
• Omico Plastics Inc. of Owensboro, Ky. moves up 10 spaces to rank at No. 82.
• Scepter of Scarborough, Ontario moves up 10 spaces to rank at No. 41.
Make sure to check out the full report in the Nov. 3 print edition of Plastics News. You can also find a link to the rankings data in the Rankings & Lists section of our website, and we sell our full ranking in the PN store.
And thanks to Hollee Keller, PN's editorial research coordinator, for this peek behind the rankings data.