Cannon Deutschland is introduced new developments in processing technologies for polyurethanes and composites during Fakuma in Friedrichshafen, Germany.
• Six new or completely designed mixheads for applications from general purpose foams to special parts such as filled and reinforced formulations, multi-component and multi-hardness foaming, high-output production and, cavity filling and clear coating.
• Cannon's V.A.I. (vacuum assisted injection), for refrigerators and sandwich panels, used in combination with Dow Chemical Co.'s Pascal and Pascal Pro polyurethane chemical technology. Fakuma attendees can see a new kit for the conversion of existing presses, for the discontinuous foaming of sandwich panels.
• A machine running clear coating, for making flexible seats and interior car parts.
• A range of thermoforming machines.
• ESTRIM, a molding process for epoxy-based resin transfer molding. Cannon also offers the E-System high-pressure metering and mixing equipment, for very fast demolding times and perfect distribution of the resin across the entire surface of the mold.
• The first industrial results of the CRESIM project (Carbon Recycling by Epoxy Special Impregnation, aimed at the development of processing methods for parts that use recycled carbon fibers.
• Equipment for the wind-power industry, that uses low-pressure resin dispensers for the infusion of epoxy formulations on large windmill blades.