Wittmann Battenfeld Inc. will show six injection molding machine work cells with integrated robots, material handling equipment and auxiliary equipment at NPE 2015 in Orlando, Fla. The company also will display extrusion-related machinery and auxiliaries in Booth W-2743.
But first: Remember Wittmann robots playing basketball at the last NPE in 2012? Officials are promising something “very cool” for NPE 2015, when “the company will have an entirely new and novel demonstration in store.”
The injection molding work cells include:
• A new SmartPower machine molding a jeweler's magnifying glass for viewing miniature parts that will be molded on a Wittmann Battenfeld MicroPower press at mold-maker Burteck LLC's exhibit, Booth S-35013.
• A two-shot EcoPower molding a two-component automotive fuel flange from glass-filled nylon and high density polyethylene.
• A MicroPower micromolding press making liquid silicone rubber, two-component tear duct plugs.
• A MacroPower 650/8800 machine molding a polypropylene box.
• The Variotherm and Celmould processes being demonstrated on an EcoPower 240 press, turning out an ABS automotive bezel.
• An EcoPower 240/1330 machine with in-mold labeling, producing stadium cups.
Each of the six cells will feature integrated Wittmann robots. Several new PRO Series robots will be operating in the booth, including the W863 and W843.
In material handling news, features products include the Aton Plus segmented wheel dryers with a new intuitive touch display and built-in energy savings; the FC-Plus option for DryMax battery dryers; the new Tempro temperature controllers with direct cooling, featuring a more-compact design and enhanced heating and cooling capacities.
Wittmann Extrusion will display a number of machines, including large throughput blenders, gravimetric yield control, a puller/cutter system and integrated turnkey capabilities.
Wittmann Battenfeld Inc., the U.S. unit of the Austria-based machinery maker, is in Torrington, Conn.
Tel. 860-496-9603, www.wittmann-ct.com.