Today we publish our ranking of 211 pipe, profile and tubing extruders. According to the companies that responded to our survey, those who reported an increase in sales went up an average of 17 percent.
Our 211 firms had North American extrusion sales of $18.3 billion, up 8 percent over last year.
The average sales per company is $86.6 million compared to last year's $79.5, an 8.9 percent increase. This continues the upward trend.
Welcome to the ranking
New companies in our ranking this year include:
• Bavarian Polymers Inc. of Dickson, Tenn., a windows & doors profile extruder.
• Versatex Building Products LLC of Aliquippa, Pa., a provider of cellular PVC building products.
Who's growing the fastest?
The top movers in the ranking this year are:
• Omega Plastics LLC of Clinton, Tenn., moving up 42 spaces.
• Sinclair & Rush Inc. of Arnold, Mo., moving up 30 spaces.
• Adept Corp. of York, Pa., moving up 28 spaces.
• PBS Plastics Inc. of Barrington, N.H., moving up 16 spaces.
• Preferred Plastics Inc. of Plainwell, Mich., moving up 16 spaces.
• VIP Rubber Co. Inc. of La Habra, Calif., moving up 13 spaces.
• United Poly Systems LLC of Springfield, Mo., moving up 11 spaces.
The data behind the results
Industry statistics for the top markets also indicate growth. Research shows these trends:
• The building and construction sector is up 4 percent.
• Housing starts are up 8.5 percent.
• The remodeling market is up 3.7 percent.
• The trim market up 8 percent.
• Vinyl siding shipments are up .33 percent.
• Window & door shipments are up 13 percent.
• PVC resin prices is up 7.6 percent.
• High density polyethylene prices are up 8.8 percent.
Need more information?
Want more information? Visit our ranking online at www.plasticsnews.com/rankings/pipe-profile-tubing.
Plastics lumber makers are also profile extruders, you can see a directory of those firms along with their product types at www.plasticsnews.com/rankings/plastic-lumber.
If you work for a company that is missing from the ranking, we would like to include you next time. Just send a note to Hollee Keller at [email protected] or mail your information to Plastics News, P.O. Box 790, Tallmadge, Ohio 44278.
Thanks to Hollee Keller for today's peek behind the data.