Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery introduced the SEEV-A HD all-electric injection molding press, aimed at challenging mid-sized presses of electric, hybrid and hydraulic power.
SEEV-A HD comes in eight clamping-force sizes, from 247-562 tons.
The injection molding machine is designed to handle large, heavier and more complex molds. The SEEV-A HD handles higher injection requirements, allowing molders to make bigger parts on a smaller machine, Sumitomo Demag officials said.
Sumitomo introduced its first mid-sized all-electric press in 1997.
“But this machine series is profoundly different, and it opens up all-electric precision and profitability to a much wider range of molders and applications. It will end any misperception of mid-sized all-electrics being lightweight or unable to handle bigger, heavier molds,” said John Martich, vice president and chief operating officer of Sumitomo Demag's U.S. operations in Strongsville, Ohio, and Norcross, Ga.
Features on the new press include:
• Tie-bar spacing was increased an average of 8 percent in the traverse direction and 15 percent in the longitudinal direction, compared with the predecessor series, the SE-HDZ, and is the highest among machines of the same class, Sumitomo Demag officials said. The square configuration of the tie bar spacing also lets molds to be loaded from the side. A stronger, more rigid frame has boosted the allowable maximum mold weight by an average of 22 percent, compared with the SE-HDZ.
• Bushing-free tie bars keep the mold area clean and free of grease.
The mold opening stroke is 25 millimeters wider than that of the SE-HDZ. The mold thickness range can be optionally extended 100 mm for all model sizes, and 200 mm for some sizes.
The ejector stroke is 220 mm for all model sizes.
• The company's new linear guidance system is standard, to ensure that heavy molds open and close smoothly, maintain parallelism.
• Machine controls also are beefed up. The improved Double Center Press Platen (DCPP) design reduces inconsistencies of surface pressure inside the mold by 15 percent.
• For added flexibility, an optional high-duty filling specification for thin-wall parts, raises the top injection speed to 200 millimeters per second. Customers get a larger choice of screw diameters, including large screws with a diameter of up to 90 mm.
And Sumitomo Demag is using special technologies on the SEEV-A HD, including a new one called S-MOVE that replaces multi-step mold open/close speed settings with an optimized speed pattern, that is both smoother and 15 percent faster. Z-Molding's Flow Front Control system gives balanced filling with reduced injection pressure. It takes advantage of the energy in the flow front of the resin to finish filling in an even fashion, instead of forcing the melt into open areas, and flashing areas that were already filled.
Z-Molding's Minimum Clamping System reduces clamping force requirements and ensures optimized venting, and flash-free molding. And Z-Molding's Simple Process Setting provides fast and guided setup, ease of use and optimization of the machine.
Tel. 440-876-8960, www.sumitomo-shi-demag.us.