Summer's right around the corner, but school's still in session at RTP Co.
The Winona, Minn.-based compounder plans to educate color users on June 3 with a free webinar titled Color Science 101 — Coloring Plastics. The 40-minute webinar will be hosted by RTP research color engineer Anna Kreofsky and will allow participants to learn how custom-colored and standard-colored thermoplastic compounds and masterbatches can be precisely matched to end-use requirements while ensuring consistent, global manufacturing.
The webinar also will cover:
• A brief introduction to the RTP Color Division.
• The biology of color perception.
• The physics of wavelengths and how the spectral reflectance can be measured for color control.
• The chemistries of colorants and why they're important.
• How to evaluate color and control color tolerances in plastic.
• Common color terms used to effectively communicate color across industries.
• What information needs to be provided to color plastic manufacturers to ensure a satisfactory color match.
Registration for the event is at http://knowledge.ulprospector.com/4467/pe-color-science-101-coloring-plastics/
RTP ranks as one of North America's 30 largest compounders and concentrate makers. The firm operates 17 plants worldwide, making compounds based on 60 different engineering resins.