The Plastics Training Academy at Penn State Behrend in Erie, Pa., has announced 2017 workshops and seminars. Any of the workshops and seminars can be brought to a factory, and be customized, for private group training, officials said.
The Innovations and Emerging Technology Conference will run June 21-22.
Here are the classes:
• Injection Molding Principles, March 6-8.
• Injection Molding Troubleshooting, March 8-10, May 3-5, June 7-9 and Aug. 2-4
• Snap-Fit Seminar, April 3-4.
• Injection Molding Principles, May 1-3 and July 31-Aug. 2.
• Injection Molded Part Design Principles, May 16-17 and Aug. 7-8.
• Polymer Science and Material Selection Fundamentals, May 17-19.
• Scientific Cooling, May 23-24.
• Injection Mold Design Principles, June 5-7.
• Process Validation for Medical Injection Molding, June 26-27.
• Design of Experiments for Injection Molding, June 28-30.
• Liquid Silicone Rubber Technology, July 26-27.
• Thermoplastic Materials and Testing, Aug. 1-2.
• Application of Thermal Analysis Techniques to Plastics, Aug. 3.
• Mold Maintenance and Relocation Principles, Aug. 9.
• Introduction to Plastics Engineering Technology (online), Sept. 6.
• Injection Molding Principles (online), Nov. 20-22.
• Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing Full Fundamentals (online), anytime.
• Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing Update (online), anytime.
Contact Penn State Behrend's Office of Community and Workforce Programs.
Tel. 814-898-6103, email [email protected], www.behrend.psu.edu/plastics.