Detroit — Redefining automotive manufacturing, designing for 3D printing and borrowing from nature are among the topics on the agenda of the Design in Plastics 2017 conference, set for Nov. 6-8 in Detroit.
The conference focuses on the challenges and rewards of communication and collaboration between the disciplines of design, engineering, manufacturing, marketing and R&D, all with a view to improving product development.
The conference, which is sponsored by the Society of Plastics Engineers, will take place at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.
• Gregory Haye, general manager, Local Motors Inc.
• Chris Lefteri, principal & founder, Chris Lefteri Design Ltd.
• David Woodlock, market development for 3D Printing, HP Inc.
• Jon Dekar, founder & president, DESiN LLC.
• Ryan Eder, founder & president, IncludeFitness Inc.
• Erin Keaney, co-founder & chief operations officer, Nonspec Inc.
• Aaron Hatley, independent researcher & cultural consultant, Historiai, and former teaching fellow, Harvard University.
• Peter Komfolio, information technology analyst, Daimler Trucks North America.
• Katie Tucker, transition designer, Werk Strategy & Design Thinking Professor, Portland State University.
• Raymond "Corky" Clinton, Jr., deputy director - science & technology office, NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center.
• Michael Snyder, chief engineer & co-founder, Made in Space Inc.
• Mark Dziersk, managing director, Lunar.
For information, see www.4spe.org/designinplastics.