Indianapolis — The American Mold Builders Association has named winners of its 2017 scholarships, which has awarded more than $270,000 nationally since AMBA started the program in 1991.
AMBA awards scholarships each year to the employees of AMBA member companies or their dependents. The priority is to help students who want to pursue a career in three categories:
• Mold design, CAD/CAM programming for machine tools, machine tool skills or mold making.
• Plastics manufacturing, including plastics engineering, part design or plastics processing technicians.
• Other related areas of continuing training and education.
The 2017 National Scholarship Program has awarded $1,000 to the following recipients:
• Edmund Balcom, Viking Tool & Engineering, attending Muskegon Community College.
• Seth Curtis, Creative Blow Mold Tooling, attending the University of Missouri.
• Breanna Early, Proper Tooling, attending the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
• Joseph Romanowski IV, CDM Tool & Manufacturing, attending Moraine Park Technical College.
• Garrison Willard, Creative Blow Mold Tooling, attending the University of Missouri.
• James Worst, Paragon D&E, attending Grand Rapids Community College.
AMBA is based in Indianapolis.