The short list for the first Plastics Recycling Awards Europe has been published, with the winners to be announced on April 25.
The awards will be part of the Plastics Recycling Show Europe (PRSE), organized by Plastics Recyclers Europe (PRE) and Plastics News Europe and Plastics News publisher Crain Communications.
PRSE will be held April 24-25 in Amsterdam.
The five different award categories are recycled plastic consumer lifestyle product of the year, best building & construction product, best recycled plastic packaging product, best technology innovation in plastics recycling and plastics recycling ambassador of the year.
“The finalists demonstrate the vast array of consumer and industrial applications in which recycled plastics and recycling technology are being used. They make a huge contribution towards conserving resources, reducing CO2 and sustaining the circular economy,” explained PRE President Ton Emans.
The finalists are:
Recycled Plastic Consumer Lifestyle Product of the Year – Using recycled plastics to improve everyday life:
- Ubicity; bench made from recycled pens, BIC with TerraCycle, Govaplast and Plas Eco.
- Plastic side table made from recycled fishing gear, GreenWavePlastics.
- Green Planet Paddleboard made from EPP boxes, GREEN PLANET Investment s.r.o.
- H-bench, public furniture made from 100 percent recycled plastics, ECO-oh!
- Trash bins made from recycled toothbrushes, CURAPROX.
- Grundig vacuum cleaner made from WEEE recycled plastics, Arcelik AS.
- Recycled Park, floating park made from recycled plastics, Recycled Island Foundation.
Best Building & Construction Product - Judges' criteria include sustainability and durability:
- XXX bench, custom urban furniture 3D printed from recycled plastic, The New Raw.
- Plastic cable duct, Multiport GmbH.
- Wedge-shaped CIRCO profile, Fortum Waste Solutions OY.
- Beaulex, rainwater buffers, DS Smith Plastics
- RECHIP construction panels, Crompton Mouldings Ltd.
Best Recycled Plastic Packaging Product - Minimum 50 percent recycled plastic content:
- Lenor Inspired by Nature bottle, Procter & Gamble.
- BPP i9 plastic pallets, Cabka-IPS and Drankenpallet Beheer Nederland BV.
- Recycled plastic hangers, Braiform.
- Memo Box, INTERSEROH Dienstleistungs GmbH.
- Systalen PRIMUS HDPE regranulates, Der Grüne Punkt – Duales System Deutschland GmbH.
- Food waste reduction EcoCube, Greenmotion.
- Plastic beverage crate, DS Smith Plastics.
- Fairy Ocean Plastic Bottle, Procter & Gamble.
Best Technology Innovation in Plastics Recycling –innovative material or process technologies for recycling plastics:
- re360 Manufacturing Execution System for plastics recycling processes, Erema.
- Odour Reduction Technology for recycled plastic granulate, Starlinger.
- ErgisMark technology for sorting multi-layer plastics, Ergis.
- ERA Melt Filter double filtration system, FIMIC.
- Newcycling technology, generating pure PE regranulate from mixed film fractions, APK AG.
- BarrierPack, functional and recyclable PE-based laminate packaging, Mondi.
- Mistral+ Film Top Speed LDPE film sorting technology, Pellenc ST.
- The Full PE Laminate mono material flexible packaging, Borealis.
- Xtreme Renew, preforms made from 100 percent recycled PET flake, Sipa & Erema.
- VD 1100 combined shredder-granulator for plastics recycling, Vecoplan AG.
Plastics Recycling Ambassador of the Year - Individuals who have made an outstanding contribution to plastics recycling:
- Carlos Marinez Lapuente, CMplastik Recycling SL.
- Gian De Belder, packaging technologist, Procter & Gamble.
- Manica Ulcnik-Krump, managing director, Interseroh Plastics Research and Development.
- Monique Maissan, CEO and founder, Waste-2Wear.
- Willemijn Peeters, Ocean ambassador and founder, Searious Business.