Sumitomo (SHI) Demag Plastics Machinery North America Inc. is bringing 12 injection molding machines to NPE2018 — both all-electrics and hybrids.
Sumitomo Demag is at Booth W3045. The company reports its machines also will displayed at four other exhibiting companies in Orlando, Fla. The clamping-force size range is 33-562 tons.
All of the molding demonstrations will showcase the Productivity+ benefits of the presses, which Sumitomo Demag says include advanced technology, applications flexibility and innovation that expands the capabilities of injection molding by increasing throughput, eliminating waste, reducing energy use and improving molder profitability.
Ten of the presses will highlight the Z-Molding advanced motor technology, and the flexibility of the SEEV-A platform machines.
"We were very pleased to have received requests from four premier exhibitors to demonstrate their technology on SEEV-A platform machines in their booths," said John Martich, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Sumitomo Demag's U.S. operations in Strongsville, Ohio. "More significant will be the extreme diversity of challenging applications, underscoring the exceptional flexibility of this machine series."
Applications of SEEV-A all-electric injection molding machines will include:
• Molding a thin-wall lid for a food container on a a four-second cycle, using injection/compression molding and in-mold labeling.
• Eight-cavity molding of a thin-wall medical dosing cup on a three-second cycle.
• A vacuum cleaner fan component molded with fast color change.
• 32-cavity high-speed molding of medical pipettes.
Other applications at Sumitomo Demag's booth will include:
• A micromolding demonstration of a DNA-free, high-clarity sample collection tube. The part has a wall thickness of 0.250 millimeters.
• A 337-ton El-Exis press molding 72 caps water bottle caps on a two-second cycle.