Penn State Erie is offering Lean Six Sigma green belt training and certification May 2-3. The university in Erie, Pa., also announced a schedule of one- and two-day classes.
For the Lean Six Sigma course, the fee is $1,400. The course introduces students to the process improvement tools, techniques and methodologies to help them to lead and implement Lean Six Sigma projects. Students will learn problem solving methods and tools for improving quality and reducing waste in the manufacturing, service and healthcare industries.
The instructor for the course at the Erie, Pa., university is Faisal Aqlan, assistant professor of industrial engineering and director of the National Science Foundation's RET Site in Manufacturing, Simulation and Automation. He is an educator, inventor and process improvement expert. He holds certifications in Lean Silver and Six Sigma Black Belt.
Also, the Penn State Erie Office of Community and Workforce Programs has announced these courses at its Plastics Training Academy:
• Injection Molding Principles, May 6-8, June 10-12, July 29-31, and Nov. 25-27.
• Injection Molding Troubleshooting, May 8-10, June12-14, July 31-Aug. 2.
• Polymer Science and Material Selection Fundamentals, May 14-16.
• Innovation and Emerging Plastics Technologies Conference, June 19-20.
• Process Validation for Medical Injection Molding, June 24-25.
• Design of Experiments for Injection Molding, June 26-28.
• Scientific Cooling, July 16-17.
• Failure Analysis for Plastic Products, July 29-30.
• Thermoplastic Composites, July 31.
• Mold Maintenance and Relocation Principles, Aug. 5.
• Thermoplastic Materials and Testing, Aug. 6-7.
• Injection Molded Part Design Principles, Aug. 8-9.
• Introduction to Additive Manufacturing, Aug. 13-14.
• Introduction to Plastics Engineering Technology (online), Sept. 5.
• Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing Full Fundamentals (online), anytime.
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Update (online), anytime.
Contact the Office of Community and Workforce Programs at 814-898-6103, email [email protected], website behrend.psu.edu/plastics.