Our big stories this week:
- The White House's ambitious bioplastics goals announced March 22 face many hurdles but some in that nascent industry see it as a clear sign that President Joe Biden's administration wants to support more climate-friendly manufacturing. More on the announcement and what it means is available for free in this week's Material Insights.
- Frank Esposito reported several resin pricing changes last week.
- Redline Plastics buys Georgia-based Quality Holdings
- Polymer siding makers continue to innovate, with major suppliers announcing new lines of composite plant, PVC shake and insulated vinyl siding as well as expanded capacity for a cladding dubbed the most innovative building material in 2021. Also, patio doors get a boost with new production, designs
- Heartland's integrated PP, feedstock plant is now operating in Strathcona County, Alberta.
Coming up this week
- Numbers That Matter Live, brought exclusively to PN subscribers. Register now.