This week we're diving into the Internet as we've dug up some of the most interesting social media accounts in plastics. Read the special report here.
Coming up this week, Bill Wood will be sharing his economic outlook during his livestream Numbers That Matter on Tuesday at 2 p.m. EDT. Learn more and register here.
Elsewhere in this issue:
- Resin Prices — Be sure to checkout our newly redesigned resin price pages! And get caught up on the latest news.
- Reducing pollution — Ahead of the second round of global plastics treaty talks in Paris later this month, the United Nations Environment Programme released a road map on May 16 that said a well-crafted agreement could reduce plastics pollution by 80 percent by 2040.
- Aliaxis antes up — Brussels-based Aliaxis SA has continued to buy shares in pipe maker Uponor Oyj despite Uponor's rejection of an unsolicited buyout offer.
- Bankruptcy — Venator Materials plc, a major supplier of plastics whitener titanium dioxide, is entering a planned Chapter 11 bankruptcy process to reduce debt and allow future growth.
- Lawsuit — An environmental group has filed a lawsuit against Shell Chemical over repeated emissions violations at the firm's new plastics and petrochemicals site near Pittsburgh.
- Bracing for more — The American Mold Builders Association successfully fought to replace tariffs on Chinese imports and is preparing for another political battle.
- More AMBA — Justin McPhee, vice president of engineering at Willernie, Minn.-based Mold Craft Inc., was named Mold Maker of the Year for his commitment to the industry, education and innovation.