Our first issue of November 2023 features our annual blow molders ranking and special report.
Editorial researcher Hollee Keller breaks down the top 10 blow molders and how blow molding did in 2023.
Also from the cover, senior reporter Catherine Kavanaugh writes that Advanced Drainage Systems Inc.'s plans to build a plastic pipe extrusion plant in Florida will but the "largest manufacturing facility investment to date."
And the Business Coalition for a Global Plastics Treaty wants the treaty to push new standards and laws that could simplify their packaging and plastics supply chains. Assistant managing editor Steve Toloken writes about what these brands — like Coca-Cola, Unilever and Walmart — want from the global plastics treaty.
Elsewhere in the issue:
- North American polypropylene prices increased in October for the second consecutive month. Senior reporter Frank Esposito stops by Material Insights to talk more about the change.
- Davis-Standard LLC acquired Extrusion Technology Group to complement and diversify its product portfolio.
- AarKel Tool & Die Inc. has acquired Injection Technologies Inc. in Windsor, Ontario, to bolster its tooling and mold trial capabilities.
- A new report from Beyond Plastics says that chemical recycling is not a viable solution to plastic pollution problems.
- From Plastics Caps + Closures 2023, Coca-Cola said it is focusing on sustainability efforts as it tweaked its caps to boost circularity.
- In a late-night vote, Republicans in the House of Representatives passed a budget amendment blocking the Department of the Interior from spending money to implement a small part of larger plans it first announced last year to reduce single-use plastics on its public lands.