A production technician at Alliance Interiors LLC died April 24 when he was caught between an extended conveyor and a vacuum forming mold.
At the plant in Delta Township, Mich., near Lansing, "a 24-year-old production technician was heating a finished part to remove oils when the next cycle of a vacuum forming mode began," an incident summary on Michigan OSHA's website said.
The employee was crushed after being caught between the extended conveyor and vacuum forming mold, it said.
Eaton County Sheriff's Office deputies and EMS were called to the company at about 11:14 p.m. Monday, April 24, a sheriff's office employee told the Lansing State Journal.
The man, identified by his family to WLNS-TV 6 as Pablo Herrera Jr., was transported to a hospital where he was declared dead.
Alliance Interiors did not respond to a request for comment by Plastics News.
In an email statement, a MIOSHA spokesperson told PN that the agency cannot provide information on an open investigation. "Typically, this type of investigation may take several weeks or months to complete."