Attending the training and workshop sessions besides R.D. Abbott (and NovationSi) was FocusCFO, which offers fractional CFO services.
Others who made the workshop possible included:
- Wendi Damm, chemistry teacher at Barberton High School who hosted training presentations in her classroom Nov. 8 and 15.
- Olivia Pilon, senior district executive and grant writer for Boy Scouts of America, who coordinated the collaborative effort between the Polymer Cluster and Barberton High School.
- ConxusNEO, an Akron-based non-profit organization that connects local employers to education and workforce development programs, which provided grant money for the workshop.
- Mike Andric, assistant director of curriculum for the Barberton School District; and
- Arianna Marich, commercial events planner for R.D. Abbott.
Brian Swanton, NovationSi's director of process engineering; and Peter Geise, Akron Area President for FocusCFO, and fellow Polymer Cluster members, joined Bradley as workshop presenters.
R.D. Abbott is a materials science, engineering and distribution company based in Garden Grove, Calif. The company's Barberton location for NovationSi also is home to its materials science and logistics hub for the Northeast U.S. region.
R.D. Abbott on Nov. 7 hosted a gathering on advancements in LSR and TPE molding, drawing about 60 people to NovationSi. Mold maker Roembke Manufacturing and Design Inc. and injection molding machine manufacturer Arburg Inc. also were chief sponsors of the event.