Twenty companies have made Plastics News' seventh annual Best Places to Work list. The winner will be announced at PN's Executive Forum, held Feb. 24-26 in Naples, Fla.
Some companies have their own "currency" that can be traded in for cash or gift cards. Others give team members free trips. Several have potlucks, wellness programs and appreciation awards for years of service. No two are the same, but they all have satisfied employees.
In the Best Places to Work employee benchmark report, of companies that made the top 20 list, 96 percent of employees indicated they enjoy the work they do and 94 percent feel "very satisfied" with their employer. Additionally, 95 percent felt safety is a top priority at their organization.
Being recognized as a Best Place to Work can improve company pride as well as recruitment and retainment efforts for employees. The companies will be profiled in the March 30 issue of Plastics News.
In alphabetical order, here are the 2020 Best Places to Work:
• Alliance Laser Sales Inc. of Wauconda, Ill., is a plastic injection mold finishing and repair company.
• Asaclean-Sun Plastech Inc. of Parsippany, N.J., manufactures and distributes Asaclean-brand purging compounds.
• Downers Grove, Ill.-based Bales Metal Surface Solutions applies proprietary coatings and finishes to molds to prevent corrosion, abrasion and wear.
• Chase Plastic Services Inc. of Clarkston, Mich., is a stocking distributor that offers more than 20,000 varieties of specialty, engineering and commodity thermoplastics.
• Appleton, Wis.-based CMD Corp. is an equipment technology manufacturer.
• Dymotek Corp. is an Ellington, Conn.-based injection and silicone molding company.
• San Diego-based ePlastics is a distributor and custom fabricator.
• Intertech Plastics Inc. of Denver is an injection molder for the medical and consumer industries.
• Jamplast Inc. of Ellisville, Mo., is a resin distributor of biopolymers, engineering polymers and commodity grade thermoplastics.
• KI Industries Inc. of Berkeley, Ill., is a supplier of decorative plastic and die-cast components.
• M. Holland Co. is a Northbrook, Ill.-based resin distributor.
• MTD Micro Molding of Charlton, Mass., specializes in ultraprecise and ultrasmall injection molded components for the medical device industry.
• Osterman and Co. is a Cheshire, Conn.-based resin distributor.
• Germantown, Wis.-based Plastic Components Inc. is a custom injection molder.
• Progressive Components of Wauconda, Ill., is a global supplier to the tooling and molding industry.
• ProSystems Integration LLC of Westerly, R.I., is a control systems maker.
• Saginaw, Mich.-based Specialty Manufacturing Inc. is a contract manufacturer that specializes in custom-engineered silicone products.
• Team 1 Plastics is an injection molder in Albion, Mich.
• Clinton, Tenn.-based Techmer PM is a producer of color and additive concentrates for high-performance applications.
• US Extruders of Westerly, R.I., develops custom single-screw extruder solutions.
To participate in Best Places to Work, companies must have a facility in the United States or Canada, have a minimum of 15 full-time or part-time permanent employees, be in business for at least one year and derive at least 50 percent of revenue from plastics-related operations. The Best Places to Work process is independently managed by research firm Best Companies Group of Harrisburg, Pa.