Here is a checklist for success to get you started:
1) Setting Goals
Your sales and marketing teams should meet and decide on goals in the form of specific success measures to accomplish at NPE 2018. Some goals to consider are the following:
- Generating x-number of leads
- Hitting x-number of sales
- Networking with x-number of industry leaders
- Collecting data for market research
Once you have these measures listed, your team members will know exactly the goals that everyone should be working towards accomplishing at the event.
2) Deciding on a Booth Plan and Presentation
The next step is to come up with an appropriate booth plan and presentation that will make your company stand out in the crowd and attract people to your exhibit. Depending on the budget that you have available, here are some things to consider:
- Choosing between a custom or portable booths
- Deciding on a booth layout while keeping the size dimensions in mind
- Planning the presentation: Designing and printing banners/handouts, buying or renting furniture and hardware (TVs, laptops, printer, tablets) and any other needed gadgets.
- Ordering promotional items
Be sure to refer to the official event guide provided by NPE 2018 which covers booth guidelines and regulations. You want to make sure anything that is displayed is in accordance with the dimensions that are specified for your booth size.
3) Arranging staff and logistics
Once you have the plan in place, you need to decide on how many people are needed to run the booth operations and more importantly, choose the right ones to represent the company. The next steps would be to:
- Complete event registration
- Make travel arrangements including hotel, airlines, and car rentals
- Decide on who is setting up the booth and tearing it down, then packing it
- Arrange any shipments for pickup and return
- Create an event schedule to include all exhibit times, appointments, travel arrangements, contact information, and set-up and tear down times to share with your team.
It is always a wise idea to have your team go through a dry run before the event to practice your message and the flow of responsibilities. You would be surprised how many things come up that need to be addressed or amended.
4) Generating Buzz
Finally, it is extremely important to spread the word about your upcoming event and exhibit. Share information with your existing contacts, attendee list, and social media followers using a variety of methods. Here are some ideas you should consider:
- Send pre-mailings, for example, a postcard or flyer
- Setup email campaigns
- Organize meetings with attendees and industry leaders
- Decide on any sponsorship opportunities pre- and during the event
- Promote your exhibit by running ads, blogging, creating event landing pages, and sharing information on social media
Going through this event checklist will get you organized in advance and ensure that you and your team have taken the right steps to have a successful exhibit at NPE 2018.
*Note- These projects, created by Plastics News Custom Marketing, may be commissioned by sponsors, who control the content.